To configure your Outlook Express for MacOS 8.6 to 9.6 follow these
steps. But before you begin, make sure you have the following information
from your ISP (Internet Service Provider):
- Mail Account Username
- Mail Account Password
- Email Address
- Incoming Mail Server Name
- Outgoing Mail Server Name
Do you have this information already? Then you are ready to begin...proceed
to Step 1.
01) Open Outlook Express (usually found in: Hard Disk>Internet)
02) Go to Tools and then select Accounts.
03) Click on New to begin the Account Setup
04) In the Display Name field type
05) Click on the bottom right arrow
06) Make sure that "I already have an email
address..." is selected
07) In the Email Address field type
in your Email Address provided by your ISP.
Note: This can either be an account or an alias. For more information
on aliases see you ISP.
08) Click on the bottom right arrow
09) Next, you want to select the appropriate type of
email server. Most email accounts are POP, the other type is IMAP and you
don't generally get an IMAP account unless you specifically request
it. So go ahead and select POP from the drop down
if is not already selected.
10) Enter your Incoming Mail Server in the
Incoming Mail Server field.
11) Enter your Outgoing Mail Server in the
Outgoing Mail Server field.
12) Click on the bottom right arrow
13) Enter your Mail Account Username into the
Account ID field.
14) Enter your Mail Account Password into the
Password field. Make sure to click on Save Password
if you don't want to have to enter your password everytime you check
15) Click on the bottom right arrow
16) Enter a name for this mail account in the Account
Name field (this can be what ever you want as it is only
for display purposes).
17) When you are happy with the setup click Finish.
18) Congratulations! You have just configured your Mac
for Outlook Express use!